Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wagon! Oh Wagon, Where are You???

I'm back at it AGAIN.  Boy who cried wolf?  I think not.  More like girl who cried diet.  My weight has been a serious struggle for me since, oh, about age 12.  At least that is the first time I realized that weight was something to worry about.  Not that I was overweight then, but I was not a stick figure.  I was a dancer with thigh muscles to match.  Fast forward 16 (oh dear LORD, REALLY?!?) years later, and now I'm realizing that weight worries are not strictly about fitting into that skirt I've kept for 9 years "just in case."

Last year I started a blog to keep tabs on myself (and so my lovely friends could, too) leading up to my wedding.  I was successful.  I lost a good 25 pounds.  I was happy with how I looked at my wedding.  I felt (more or less) comfortable on the beach on my honeymoon.  Then I got happy, I got comfortable, I began nesting, and wouldn't you know I gained back 15.  Where I am now, I would have to lose 25% (holy mother of all that is good and healthy) of my weight to be at the high end of my healthy weight range.

I'm so sick of my inner dialogue saying that "I'll start ________ (Monday, next meal, tomorrow, New Year's, etc.).  So, while watching the Biggest Loser and boohooing a few minutes ago, I restarted my blog.  My old blog was called "Diet Bride."  Seeing as I'm no longer a bride, I figured I'd start a new one.  I chose this name because I am always, ALWAYS planning.  Following through, yes, but I don't have as much follow through as I plan.

We've all heard the old cliche about falling off the proverbial wagon.  I told my Mama the other day that I just lost the darn thing.  I have no clue where it went.  So, maybe I'll find it in the pages of this blog.

Here goes!












3 comments:

  1. Starting is hard and keeping with it is even harder but, you can do it. I understand, I have an internal arguement with myself every day about getting up early and getting a work out in. Today, the good Blaire won and I am glad she did. The arguement will begin again tomorrow when the alarm goes off at 5:00 AM and hopefully the good Blaire will remember how awesome it felt when I finished the workout this morning and fight to win the inner arguement again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Blaire! Keeping with it is so hard. I wish I could bottle up the feeling I have when I'm utterly sick and tired of being, well, sick and tired. Maybe you and I can text each other good morning to help each other out on waking up. Well, maybe you can just text me good morning to get my butt out of bed, LOL. You know what, though? I like good and bad Blaire! I think that is important to remember. Well, good Anne is here right now. We'll see in a little while if she sticks around long enough to make an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definately text you when I get up in the morning. Starting is the hardest part. Why do beds have to be so warm and cozy?

    ReplyDelete