Saturday, February 11, 2012

Something Seems to Be Close to Clicking

So, this last week has been pretty good for me.  I'll know in the morning whether or not I lost anything.  Right now it is less about the scale and more about how I feel.  In fact,  just now I was hungry bored and went to the pantry for some chips and queso.  I stopped myself, put the tortilla chips away, and walked over to my overflowing bowl of Cutie oranges and grabbed one.  They are seriously like candy for me...they're super tasty.



My sister-in-law (Cindy, the one on the left.  Ashley is our other sister-in-law; she's in the middle)  is on this journey, too.  She's been going to Zumba, and it has gotten my butt back to the classes.  Thanks, Cindy!!  I adore Zumba classes.  From going to these classes, she's already lost almost 15 pounds.  I must say, I am very proud of her!!
zumba!!

 I mean, let's face it, I grew up dancing nearly every day.  From age 5 to 17 I danced like Jazzy plays soccer.  I love it.  I love, love, love it.  It is seriously my happy place.  But my happy place has an injury.  Back in middle school I was dancing so much that I broke my foot by just walking down the stairs.  My foot curled over the edge of the stair and just cracked.  It has never fully healed.  With all of this weight on me now, it has gotten worse.  I have a sprained ankle that just will not heal.

Today was pretty great.  Victor and I are refraining from going out to eat for all of February.  That has definitely made a difference in the bank account.  Today I went to Zumba, then went to Tammi's house to walk the nature preserve with she and Leah (and sweet Gracie Lou, Leah's lab).  I burned 1000 calories by 1 pm.  Not too shabby!!

There may just be light at the tunnel after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment